Information on this page as of August 11, 2022.
Please check your Junk or Spam boxes for your Approval Confirmation or
other emails sent automatically from our online services.
Online purchases are available 24
hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Authority encourages residents to continue purchasing
their permit online to avoid extended wait times during lobby hours. To purchase click button below.
2/1/2022 The North Bergen Parking Authority
Has Gone Completely Virtual!
* All permits are now virtual! Your vehicle's license plate gets registered in our database and serves as your permit.
* Our vehicles are equipped with license plate recognition cameras that read license plates that are registered.
* Save time & avoid the lines! Purchase your permit online! To access the permit portal or for permit requirements, click the button below.
* Got a last minute visitor? NO PROBLEM! Guests may park in most residential areas up to 3 hours without a permit. Vehicles parking for more than 3 hours can purchase a daily permit online! A daily permit is valid for 24 hours from the time your purchase is completed & allows your guests to park immediately! Residents registered with a resident permit continue to pay the same low rate as over the counter and will need to register their visitor's vehicle while in their account. Purchases can still be made over the counter during office hours. Please note, as we transitioned to this final phase of license plate recognition enforcement and phased out physical permits, the Authority needed to provide our residents with a virtual daily permit option. Unfortunately, due to a rapid increase in positive Covid cases, we felt it was imperative to make the service available while we continue to develop the next phase. We believe as we continue to update the process, it will address any concerns.
* Don't have online access and it's after office hours? Visit one of our permit pay stations at the following locations:
*2123 Kennedy Blvd (Kennedy Branch Library),
*4225 Bergen Turnpike (Parking Authority Office),
*6121 Grand Avenue (Housing Authority Office),
*8411 Bergenline Avenue (Bergenline Branch Library), and
*75th Street and Boulevard East (J. George Fredman Park)
The North Bergen Parking Authority currently has parking spaces available for rent at the following locations:
* 21st Street & Kennedy Blvd. (night time space available)
* 22nd Street & Grand Avenue
* 38th Street & Liberty Avenue
* 48th Street & Grand Avenue
* 69th Street & Liberty Avenue
* 74th Street & Bergenline Avenue (night time space available)
* Park Avenue (motorcycle space available)
Please contact Irene at (201) 869-6200 or email her at
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.